Saturday, November 24, 2018

Thankful Author 2018- Danielle Thorne

Gratitude means Giving 

I don’t think it’s any accident that we celebrate a month of gratitude at the close of the year yet just before the holiday season of gift-giving. Throughout history, people in the worst of situations have taught us that there is always room for gratitude even in the darkest of times. I think most of us, especially those of us blessed to enjoy the freedom and prosperity of living in the United States, will never come close to enduring some of the challenges and frightening situations of our brothers and sisters around the world. How much more important is it for us to appreciate our season of Thanksgiving?

According to WhyHunger.org, one out of every nine people in the world goes hungry every day. Sixty percent of them are female. Along with those numbers, staggering rates of low literacy go hand in hand. 

As an American, I feel humbled and blessed to live where I do. That doesn’t mean I don’t know what it’s like to struggle or that I never experienced a hungry day in my life, but I am thankful that when I eat turkey every Thanksgiving Day, I’ve had the opportunity to learn, work, receive guidance and assistance, and live in communities that support children and families the best they know how.

I am thankful for the strong women and teachers in my life who provided examples of what I could become. I’m thankful for the libraries that provided me escape into other worlds when I could not visit a bookstore. I’m thankful for technology and all of the opportunities it provides for me in the ways of education, employment, and experience. But most of all, my heart is filled with gratitude for all of the times I’ve been able to sacrifice just a little of what I have and give back. 

I’m a storyteller. I write books, and on a good day, people read and enjoy them. That’s a good enough reason for me to enjoy my Thanksgiving day—but most importantly, share it with others. This season of gratitude, I wish for you a yummy, hot Thanksgiving dinner, but most of all, an attitude of generosity and gratitude in the next year to come.

Happy November,

Danielle Thorne (www.daniellethorne.com)
Author of Classic Romance and Adventure 


Blurb

Keeping company with a reputed pirate is one thing, but falling in love with him could ruin the eccentric Crestwood family for good...

Sophie Crestwood is never going to catch a husband. Her father is a gossip, her mother has her nose in a book, and little Jack has shamefully been dismissed from boarding school. Worst of all, a pirate moves next door into Pembroke Hall.

When Sophie's sent to a matchmaking party at a neighboring estate, the pirate from Pembroke arrives and distracts everyone from the summer festivities. Unguarded, her feelings about the mysterious Captain Murdock bloom into a trusted friendship that Sophie fears may come to mean more than anyone would ever suspect.

Buy Link


Check out Danielle's other books here: 

No comments:

Post a Comment