Saturday, November 2, 2019

Thankful Author- Roxanne D Howard



100 Things I'm Thankful For

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Not because of the food, though it's amazing, or the football games, which are fun, but because of the power in giving thanks. I'm a firm believer in the law of attraction, which basically states that every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and every gesture of gratitude brings more abundance and positive energy into our lives, whatever our beliefs are.

As part of my daily practise in both writing and mindfulness, I keep a physical gratitude journal, and each day, I write down 100 things I'm grateful for. This might seem tenuous to some, but it's quite powerful in turning a bad day around, and in reshifting my focus into the positive, whenever things get crazy or my life doesn't agree with me. Thankfulness is a powerful modifier, and if you're having a bad day or things aren't going the way you want them to, I recommend you stop what you're doing, and write out at least 10 things you're genuinely grateful for. It turns your day around in a big way.

In no particular order, here are 100 things I'm grateful for.

1. My daughters 2. My husband 3. My dog Groot 4. My dog Flynn 5. My cat Hermione 6. Comfy slippers 
7. Nachos 8. Broadway music 9. Weight Watchers 10. My Home

11. My Car 12. Where we live 13. My readers!  14. Birthday presents, giving and receiving 15. Family 16. Clean hospitals 17. Healthcare and insurance 18. Drinkable water 19. Clean air

20. Modern technology 21. Being traditionally published 22. Books 23. Bird’s songs 24. Pumpkin spice lattes 25. Autumn 26. Nice people 27. The Army & being a veteran 28. My education 29. Mountains

30. Trees 31. Animals 32. Amazing opportunities 33. Laughter 34. Babies 35. Puppies 36. Kittens 37.Zoos 38. Aquariums 39. Pretty flowers

40. The Planetarium 41. Family friendly activities 42. Europe 43. Castles 44. Frothy drinks  45. Campfires 46. Toasted marshmallows 47. Children’s laughter 48.Sparklers 49. Watermelon

50. Sunlight 51. Outside misters when it’s hot 52. Sunbonnets 53. Diet food that doesn't taste like crap :) 54. Modern medicine 55. Dappled sun through treetops  56. Quiet, sleepy streets 57. Kindness 58. Compassion 59.Dear friends

60. My editor Ann 61. Being published 62. My author friends 63. Book signing events 
64. Mistakes which teach me 65. Mentors 66. Tacquitos! 67. Root Beer 68. Beef Jerky 
69.Apple pie ala mode

70. Honesty 71. Long bubble baths 72. Facials 73. Skating rinks 74. Amusement Parks 75. Disneyland 76. Time to write 77. Charter schools 78. Clean parks 79. Swimming pools

80. Quiet mornings 81.Horses 82. Aloe Vera 83. Face moisturizers 84. Hand sanitizer 85. Laptops 86. Good friends 87. Still moments of reflection 88. Vibrant color 89. Words

90. Little luxuries 91. Inner resolve 92. Integrity 93. Food 94. Soft Kleenex 95. Quilted toilet paper 
96. Warm towels fresh from the dryer 97. Peppermint tea 98. Warm, buttered toast 
99. Steamy hot cocoa with marshmallows 100. Cuddly winter days in PJs

When You Close Your Eyes
by Roxanne D. Howard
Genre: Supernatural Romance

Dreams are the perfect shelter for fantasies, safe havens to step inside
without changing our daily lives. For Lark Braithwaite, all that is
about to change. During the last six months, Lark has dreamt of a
mysterious Irish lover who knows what she wants and gives her exactly
what she needs. In her waking life in busy London, things aren't as
ideal as her long-term relationship with her controlling fiancé
Charles has hit a dry spell.



When Lark is called home to Oregon for her father's funeral, she comes
face to face with the demons from her past, but she never expects to
meet her dream lover in the flesh. Niall O'Hagan steps straight out
of her fantasies and into her life, and the powerful connection they
share rocks her foundation. Although she's dealing with the
bitterness of her fiancé's betrayal and his jealousy, Niall soon
stirs Lark's awareness of her superficial existence and reawakens her
sexuality....and her soul.


Roxanne D. Howard is a U.S. Army veteran who has a bachelor's degree in
Psychology and English. She loves to read poetry, classical
literature, and Stephen King. Also, she is an avid Star Wars fan,
musical theater nut, and marine biology geek. Roxanne resides in the
western U.S., and when she's not writing, she enjoys spending time
with her husband and children. Roxanne loves to hear from her
readers, and encourages you to contact her via her website and social
media.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! I loved reading your "100 Things I'm Thankful For" Roxanne! You should see me smiling! Wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Mary! And thank you, Angela, for having me on the blog today. I hope everyone finds something to be grateful for this beautiful Saturday. Personally, today I'm grateful for my awesome editor, Ann. When You Close Your Eyes was the first book I worked with her on, and we've been working together for about four years now. Editors are amazing in what they can do to reshape and polish a manuscript. I'd be lost without her. :) Have a great day, everyone. I'm available to answer any questions for readers today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked your Blog post! It was very positive and you offer great advice. I also loved your 100 things for which you're thankful. Awesome! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, CB! I hope you had a wonderful weekend. :) Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete