Saturday, November 30, 2019

Thankful Author 2019- CJ Zahner


I am thankful for... 
The people in my life. 
Several years ago, I experienced a difficult time. I cried every day for eleven months because of several incidents. 

A close friend from high school, my best friend really, cut me out of her life. The separation came shortly after my only sibling was admitted to a nursing home for early-onset dementia. The same month my brother, Mike, was admitted, his wife, Barb, was also admitted to a separate nursing home with early-onset Alzheimer’s. For four months they lived apart, and my brother cried every morning to see his wife. 

During those months, at the end of one, long, hot August day, a boss went on a rampage about what a terrible employee I was. I picked my purse up, walked quietly to personnel, and quit my job of twenty years. 

My husband, children, and friends stood by me. They picked me up, brushed me off, and helped me trudge onward. 

Today, my brother and sister-in-law are happily and safely together in the same facility, and I am living my dream of writing novels. 

I thank God every day for Jeff, Jessie, Zak, Jilly, and all of my friends, too numerous to mention, who love me unconditionally. I am blessed. 

(Ps. I am also thankful that NANOWRMO is over another year!)


This is my son. I based the hero, in The Suicide Gene, on his personality completely. He's an attorney in Philadelphia but surprised me one day and picked me up when I flew into Pittsburgh. This is how he stood at the bottom of the escalator in the airport.


I picked this up, and could. Not. Put. It. Down.” – Alex S.

BLURB

Three boys are missing. Six-year-old Mikala Daly sees them in her dreams. She knows she can find and save them. Will her father let her?
Detective Jack Daly married into a family rumored to have an extraordinary sixth sense. Jack didn’t believe in their abilities until that gift—curse—befell his daughter. Now their mundane lives spiral into mayhem as Jack uses Mikala’s dreams to search for the boys.
Years before, Mikala's aunt partook in a government program tailored for children who had a sixth sense. Now, the participants of that program, Project Dream, seem to have a connection with the kidnapping. 
Who’s taken the boys and why? Is Jack risking his daughter’s life?

 “Could not put this one down! Think you have it figured out?...you don’t!” – Janet V.

Buy Link

http://bit.ly/AMDWACZ


 

She thought they were her siblings. By the time she realized they weren’t, one of them was dead.

Doctor Emma Kerr had no right counseling them. Adopted and her birth records lost, she believed she was born a McKinney. Her face, intelligence, and depression resembled theirs. For years people mistook her for their sister. So she devised a plan.What begins as a scheme to counsel the McKinney family and determine if they are blood relatives, quickly causes Emma to wonder if she had truly done the manipulating. Is someone following her?

Now Emma clamors to escape the McKinney world of domination and deception.

Is she Mathew McKinney’s sister? She can’t be. Is he in love with her? He can’t be. Then how do he and his sisters know more about her than she knows herself? This is a game to them. Is the game Suicide? Or Murder?
Buy Link



3 comments:

  1. A very heartwarming Post. You are so lucky to have family supporting you. Keep on writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post, CJ. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete