Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Thankful Author 2016- Anna Durand



Finding Gratitude in a Tough Times

This is my second year in the Thankful Authors Roundup, and a lot has changed for me since last November--in both good and bad ways. The one event that turned my life upside-down struck in February, when my dad passed away suddenly in his sleep, for reasons no one has been able to determine. He'd received a clean bill of health from his doctor just days earlier, which made his death a complete shock to everyone in my family. It's in times like this that it gets difficult to find reasons to be thankful. But finding them is even more important during dark days.
I also an emergency appendectomy in June, which might seem another reason to say "bah humbug" to thankfulness. Instead, I'm extremely grateful for the surgery, because it ended two and half years of intense pain and got me off the multiple medications I'd been on during those years. When it comes to my dad, I'm thankful beyond words for having in my life and for everything he taught me about being a writer. I'm thankful his books live on, for people to buy and enjoy for years to come.
Two sweet adorable puppies came into my life a few months ago, and I'm very thankful for their energy and devotion. You just can't beat puppy love when you're feeling down! My family is a blessing too, and this Thanksgiving will bring us together in a different way, but I know we'll find plenty of reasons to say our thanks on that day. I'm also unbelievably grateful I can write what I love and touch my readers with humor, sexiness, and heart.

Even in the worst times, we can--and must--find reasons to be thankful. The light of love and hope shines through the darkest clouds. 




Dangerous in a Kilt
Feisty American. Hot Scot. Passion ignites.

Good-girl Erica Teague is out on bail, charged with a crime her ex-lover committed. Her desperate bid to experience one wild night of sizzling sex, before her trial and certain conviction, lands her in the arms of Lachlan MacTaggart, a hot Scot with a secret past. She can't resist his offer to enjoy one month of sex and companionship with no strings. But when their hot fling gets personal, can their passion free their imprisoned hearts?








Anna Durand is an award-winning romance writer specializing in steamy romances populated with spunky heroines and hunky heroes, in settings as diverse as modern Chicago and the fairy realm. Her romances have to date won eight awards and her novel Dangerous in a Kilt was named a Top Pick on The Romance Reviews. In her previous life as a librarian, she haunted the stacks but never met any hot vampires hunting for magical books.


Spunk & Hunks blog: http://www.spunkandhunks.com/







8 comments:

  1. I hope you had a meaningful Thanksgiving. Losing a parent suddenly is a real blow. Best of luck with "Danger in a Kilt," and I hope you enjoy the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy. I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful post, Anna. Wishing you all the best! Psst...love a man in a kilt. ;) The book is on my tbr list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. Gotta love a hot Scot in a kilt! :-)

      Delete
  3. Hi Anna, Lovely post! I lost my mother three years ago and still tear up whenever I think of her. Best of luck with Danger in a Kilt...it sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joanne. I'm sorry for your loss. You made me tear up too, but that's okay. Sometimes we need to be sad, but I always remind myself my dad would want me to keep enjoying life too.

      Delete
  4. If only we could bottle puppy energy--we'd make a fortune! And I just have to get my hands on Danger in a Kilt! Great cover, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right, Laura! Puppy energy could fuel the world.

      Delete