Monday, November 9, 2015

Thankful Author - Casi McLean



It’s not our past, our possessions, or our status that truly matters in life, but rather who we are and how we touch the lives of others.
Casi McLean


I'm truly thankful to have two amazing sons, one beautiful daughter-in-law, the light of my life––my 2-year old grandson––and a bonus: my wonderful fiancé. To top it off, I live my dreams penning novels I love, and do motivational speaking to encourage others to find their passion and follow their dreams.

I write romantic suspense and mystery, stories with twists you'll never see coming. I love the excitement, the kind that takes your breath away, turns the genre on its head throwing a perfectly aimed, delightful curveball at a surprising and satisfying ending.

Real life isn't always that accommodating, but sometimes incidents you surmise would be awful, turn out to be positive, life-altering events. My life has taken many twists and turns. Unraveling secrets and lies in my past transformed beliefs I'd carried through childhood deep into my adult life. The discoveries profoundly changed who I am today. Like a butterfly who struggles with it's cocoon, my went through an amazing metamorphosis. 




So, oddly, I'm thankful for unexpected bumps my life endured. They led me to my passion and gave me unique insight into my niche. I've truly been blessed and I'm so thankful for the ability to live my dreams.
My published books include my memoir, Wingless Butterfly, five romantic suspense novelettes––my Destiny Series–– of course all include twists with a touch of supernatural, and my new release, Beneath The Lake.


Beneath The Lake is a time slip romantic suspense about the ghost town under Atlanta's famous man-made lake, Sidney Lanier. The lake is know to lure victims into a watery death ... but does it? When Lacey Montgomery's car hurls into the icy, black water, she awakens in the arms of a handsome stranger, in a town she's never heard of, 34 years before she was born. Watch the trailer here:





A ghost town time forgot ~ a romance your remember forever


My favorite quote:

"In everyone’s life, at some point, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit"
                                                           
                                                                                   Albert Schweitzer


Find me:
Website: casimclean.com
Twitter: @casimclean
Facebook: Casi McLean
FB Author Page: Casi McLean-Author
Goodreads: Casi McLean

Amazon Author Page: Casi McLean







16 comments:

  1. Wow Casi, what beautiful covers and you are so right. How many times do we go through a metamorphosis in our lives and come out better than we started. Thankful you could be here today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much...I love my designs. They turned out better than I could imagined. Thank goodness for talented artists.

      I guess the key is learning from your experiences. Thank you so much for hosting me on this amazing segment!

      Delete
  2. Without change there'd be no butterflies. It's a blessing and a challenge to remain a positive person while facing hard times.
    Looking forward to your stories.
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debra. Such kind words..... :-) Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful sentiments, Casi. Here's to more bumps...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Not fun to go through... a bit like working out to me. An awful process, but the outcome is worth the effort. :-)

      Delete
  4. The unexpected bumps can be the best ones. Beautiful post, Casi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you K.K. And thank you for stopping by, reading my rambles and taking the time to comment. :-)

      Delete
  5. Inspiring post! Thanks for sharing, Casi :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by too, Joanne. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful, inspiring post! Some people are knocked down by the bumps life sends, others rise above them. Best of luck with your books!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post, Casi. Life is a journey and I'm always learning...Wishing you all the best, and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true, Mary. Thank you for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  9. What a lovely post, Casi! Here's to changes--and the courage to experience them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbara. Clinking cyber glasses now ... :-)

      Delete