Monday, August 31, 2015

Author Interview- Linda Pennell

Happy Monday readers. 
Please welcome author Linda Pennell to the blog and join with us as she shares her new book, Casablanca: Appointment at Dawn 
and gives up a glimpse at a few of her other wonderful books.




Tell me three words that describe yourself starting with A, B, and C.
Adventurous
Benevolent 
Competent

What are your three favorite things?
Singing and music in general, 
especially, but not limited to, classical including symphonic, opera, and choral.
Loved ones with two legs or four legs.
Anything with a history, whether shabby or chic.

Are you self- published or with a publishing company (if so, which one?)?
I am published through Soul mate Publishing and The Wild Rose Press.

What for you is the best part of writing? What is the worst?
As an author of historical fiction, I love the research into lesser known events/characters and playing the adult version of my favorite childhood game, Let's Pretend, that writing allows me.
My least favorite thing about the publishing world is the massive amount of time that PR takes, which robs me of writing time. There does not seem to be a happy way around it, however.

What is the ultimate goal you have for your career?
My personal goal is to publish at least one novel per year until that no longer brings a sense of joy or becomes boring. Researching and writing for me are entertaining and bring me a lot of pleasure.

When not writing, what can you be found doing?
When not writing, I can be found singing soprano I with the Texas Master Chorale, substituting as an administrator for my  local school district, and volunteering with my church and local arts organizations.

16. If you could spend the day with any celebrity, who would it be?
I suppose most people might not consider this person a celebrity in the traditional sense, but in the world of choral music, he is a rock star. Morton Lauridsen has composed some of the most beautiful music it has been my privilege to sing. Here is his O Magnum Mysterium:  




and his Lux Aeterna: 


These are among the most beautiful pieces of music from a living composer, in my opinion. I would love to spend a day with the man who is capable of creating such beauty.

When writing, which do you prefer to write with, computer or paper and pen?
I use Scrivener for composing my manuscript and for summarizing my research and plot/outline notes. Occasionally I still use paper and pen when I am in draft form for the notes, etc.



  Will seven days be enough time to save the Allied war effort and the girl he loves?

Sarah Barrett, U.S. Army R.N., is finished with wartime romance. Determined to protect her recently broken heart, she throws all of her time and energy into caring for her patients, but when she is given a coded message by a mysterious dying civilian, she is sucked into a vortex of danger and intrigue that threatens her very survival. The one person who can help Sarah is Kurt Heinz, a man with too many secrets to be trusted.  


  

Buy Link:



Buy Link

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting me, Angela!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to have you on. You had such great answers. I loved getting to know you. Best wishes on your books.

      Delete
    2. It was fun doing your blog! Thank you again for hosting me.

      Delete
  2. I, too, love classical music. I am not fond of choral music except during the holidays, though. I tend to get distracted by voices!

    ReplyDelete