Thursday, November 20, 2014

Thankful Author- Kat de Falla


November 20, 2014
THANKFUL AUTHOR BLOG ROUNDUP
Featuring Kat de Falla

What I'm Thankful For

I am thankful for my amazing husband, Lee de Falla


Welcome back Kat, tell me three words that describe yourself starting with A, B, and C.

 Astounding, Brilliant and Cute (these are from my husband – I had nothing!) See why I am so thankful for him!!!

 What are your three favorite things? 

My family, my heart, and my brain.

What for you is the best part of writing? What is the worst? 

Best part is the release from the voices and stories in my head and worst part is going back through the organic writing and making it coherent! 

Is there a process you stick to, or do you just write as it hits you? 

I write whenever I can snatch time between my four kids and full-time job!

 Was there any particular inspiration for your characters or story? 

I lived in a haunted house and the story idea for Sloane Osborne came from there!

How much is your character like you? 

Sloane is NOTHING like me – she is not nearly the scaredy cat that I am!

Music is a big influence on my writing. I have certain songs that inspire each chapter, or the whole book. What helps to inspire you? 

My composer husband! He writes soundtracks for my books – they are amazing!

What’s the one thing you would do if you could be your character for a day? 

Get in a street fight and kick some a**!!

What is the ultimate goal you have for your career? 

Write for the pure love of it for as long as my brain and fingers are in sync!

Describe your perfect day?

 Wake up with my husband, spend all day with him, and go to bed in his arms. 

As the holidays approach, what traditions do you have? 

Just spending time with my family.

Will there be more books in your series, or can you tell us about any previous books? 

I write dark fantasy for The Wild Rose Press and am finishing the sequel to The Seer’s Lover. And I write paranormal suspense for Crescent Moon Press with my awesome co-author, RA Green. We are finishing the second book in the Sloane Osborne Haunts for Sale series right now!

When not writing, what can you be found doing?

 Sleeping! LOL

Favorite item of clothing in your closet? 

Anything that smells like my hubby (I love to steal his flannels!)

If you could spend the day with any celebrity, who would it be? 

Bruce Lee. RIP to a great man.



Genre:  Paranormal Suspense
Publisher: Crescent Moon Press

Available on Amazon/Barnes and Noble (paperback): August 11th, 2014

ON SALE STARTING BLACK FRIDAY FOR ONLY 99 CENTS!

Sloane Osborne is a paranormal real estate agent in the business of selling haunted houses. 
The problem is, she’s only searching for one ghost. 


Blurb:

Sloane Osborne is a paranormal realtor in the business of selling haunted houses but, in truth, she’s only searching for one ghost. And her time is running out. It’s the 366th day after her fiancĂ©’s death. Michael used to like putting things off for “a year and a day”—so tonight’s the night. Sloane will do anything to make contact with him before the clock strikes midnight. When she gets a call to check out a home in Waukesha, Wisconsin, it’s the last place she thinks Michael would contact her. Sloane is dead wrong. Michael appears…and tells her to get out of the house. Immediately. 

Excerpt:

“Hello?” Sloane’s voice was tentative, even to her own ears. It was one thing to talk to Michael, but he was a ghost she known in life. It was another to start a conversation with a dead stranger. “Can you hear me?” 
The woman didn’t turn, her whole body focused on the next drop of water until it had floated through her hand again. 
The woman sighed, sitting back on her heels as she watched the wall. 
“Water,” she rasped. “Do you have any water?” 
“I’m sorry. I don’t have anything.” Sloane said. “I tried to give you water last night, but no one drank it.” 
“What are you doing here? You aren’t supposed to be here!” The woman’s voice was so raspy Sloane could barely hear her. She turned her head slowly as though removing her gaze from the little bit of water seeping through the stone was painful. When her gaze finally rested on Sloane, her eyes were dark black pits, swirling with tiny dancing lights.  
Sloane stepped back involuntarily, then gathered her courage to approach the apparition. She could sense the poor girl wasn’t dangerous. She was trapped here as much as Sloane was herself. 
“I found the secret door and got pushed in.” Sloane said. “Then the door shut behind me and I couldn’t get out.” 
“Ah, you must have been at Alvin’s house,” the woman rose to her feet. “Not a safe place to be. Though nothing about this area is safe.” 

Bio:

Kat Green is the alias of authors KAT de Falla and Rachel GREEN.


Author Kat de Falla was born and raised in Milwaukee, Wisconsin where she learned to roller-skate, ride a banana seat bike, and love Shakespeare thanks to her high school English teacher. Four years at the UW-Madison wasn’t enough, so she returned to her beloved college town for her Doctor of Pharmacy degree and is happily employed as a retail pharmacist where she fills prescriptions and chats with her patients. She is married to her soulmate, classical guitarist, Lee de Falla and raising four kids together ala the Brady Bunch.

Kat de Falla is also the author of The Seer’s Lover, a dark fantasy released by The Wild Rose Press.




Author Website: www.katdefalla.com
Kat Green’s Website: www.hauntsforsale.com



Newsletter Sign Up: http://eepurl.com/MFZ55



Born in St. Charles, Illinois, RA Green has wanted to be an author since sixth grade when her English teacher told her she should consider writing as a career after reading a poem she’d written entitled “The Day My Head Exploded.” RA attended Carroll College (now Carroll University) in Waukesha, Wisconsin where she majored in English and History while minoring in French, merci beaucoup. She is a cancer survivor, a Brewers fan and a Disney Dork who is always in the middle of planning her next Disney vacation. At the moment she is an in-home daycare provider where she spends her days singing, dancing, and doing projects that cover her house in glitter. 
Rachel currently lives in Wisconsin with her wrestling coach husband and two children who are the three greatest blessings in her life. First Contact is her debut novel.

Kat Green’s Website: www.hauntsforsale.com
Romance Flash: www.romanceflash.com







4 comments:

  1. Thanks for being here Kat, what a great cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo...a haunted house! What an inspiration for a story. Loved the interview, Kat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having me Angela - this was a lot of work! Mary - I hope you check it out - I do love a good haunted house :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First Contact is an excellent story! Okay, I'm putting all readers of this blog under cyber hypnosis. You will read Kat's books...you will read Kat's books...you will...sorry, I nodded off. Seriously, love your work! Wishing you and your family, and Angela and hers, a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete