Sunday, November 16, 2014

Thankful Author- Charlotte Copper


November 16, 2014
THANKFUL AUTHOR BLOG ROUNDUP
Featuring Charlotte Copper



What I'm thankful for

As a 13-years-and-counting breast cancer survivor, I am thankful every day simply to be here. I'm thankful to watch my daughter grow up and be all that she can be. I'm thankful for a husband that doesn't notice my scars. And, as the aches and pains of getting old start to bother me each day, I'm
thankful that I'm still here to feel them.

Author info:

Charlotte Copper lives in Stouffville, Ontario - that is in Canada, eh - with her husband, daughter, and two part-time step-daughters. When she isn't working at her full-time job or driving her daughter around for volleyball, Charlotte likes to craft, read, go to the movies, and, of course, write. Charlotte admittedly tries to juggle far too many balls at once while working on a series of (mostly paranormal) romance stories. Charlotte hopes to have all of the stories published some day because, as a romance writer, she believes in happy endings!

Contact Info:

Email:  charlottecopper.author@gmail.com
 Website:  http://charlottecopperauthor.com/
 Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/charlotte.copper.52
 Twitter:  @CharlotteCopper





Blurb:

Mitch Mingan has chosen to remain a bachelor; he doesn’t want anyone else to suffer his destiny. But when his cousin Ken dies leaving behind twin boys, it is up to Mitch to ensure his nephews are ready for what lies ahead. Inviting Ken’s widow Sarah and the boys up for the summer seems like a perfect start.
For Sarah, a summer up north is the perfect opportunity for her sons to get to know their father’s family. It’s also a chance for Sarah to learn the truth behind why her husband left his childhood home at such an early age. What she doesn’t count on is falling for their handsome host. She also doesn’t count on finding out the family legacy: Mingan means wolf!


 EXCERPT:

Remaining still, she studied Mitch’s silhouette as it strolled towards the kitchen. He opened the fridge door and bent to retrieve the apple pie left over from dinner. Va-va-voom. Naked! The corners of her mouth rose to a sly smile; she could no longer remain silent. She cleared her throat.
In one quick, smooth move, Mitch closed the fridge door and took a step to the side, putting the kitchen island between the two of them. He held the pie plate in his hands.
“Sorry…” they both started.
“Sorry,” he repeated. “I wasn’t paying attention. I didn’t realize anyone was up.”
“My fault,” she apologized. “I guess I should’ve had a light on or something. The full moon on the water is magical.”
“It’s not a full moon yet. We’ve got a couple of days still until that happens.”
“Well, it’s beautiful none-the-less.”
“There are a lot of beautiful things here.” He broke a piece off a piece of crust and tossed it in his mouth. “I guess maybe I should sleep in some shorts or something. I’ve been known to hunt around for a mid-night snack on more than one occasion.”
“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to get in the way of your nightly ritual.”
“Oh, this is nothing,” he said with a chuckle. Putting the pie plate down, he leaned forward and rested his elbows on the counter. “Would you like a piece?”

Buy Links:
Amazon: http://amzn.to/1pjJZ14


1 comment:

  1. Since I'm not sure if the first comment post worked, I'm trying again...I'm also thankful to Angela Hayes for letting me visit her blog. Thanks Angela

    ReplyDelete