Thursday, December 5, 2013

Author Interview- J.L. Sheppard

Good morning readers. I have author J.L. Sheppard with us today promoting her new book. Burdened by Desire is free on Amazon through Friday. 





Here's a little taste.

Blurb:
Jocelyn, an Elemental, is stuck between the mortal and immortal worlds, yet not quite a part of either. Her power over the elements of the Earth won’t evolve until she meets her mate. Before then she’s an easy prey and a coveted possession for the Malums Inmortalis who wish to conquer the world.
Alpha werewolf, Landon, has been living with the knowledge his fated female, the one woman created for him, is just beyond his reach. For months he’s forsaken her, refusing to accept his mate because she can never grant him a much-needed heir for his nearly extinct pack.
Despite his decision Landon finds himself drawn to Jocelyn and when an attempt is made on her life, he realizes his destiny lies with her.  Can they overcome the long-held prejudices of his kind and defeat their enemies in time to find what the future holds?

Excerpt:
His heart-wrenching confession took Jocelyn by surprise. As his eyes continued to bore into hers, her heart skipped several beats. Was he being truthful? She wanted to believe he was. Maybe it was the way he stared at her, consuming her like nothing else mattered, like she was the center of his universe. She wanted to believe he was sorry and that she excited him. It would comfort her knowing he was as drawn to her as she was to him. But were the words he spoke true?

He pulled her a touch closer, his body rubbing close to her own, she felt every muscle on his chest and his heat, the warmth from his body soothing her. Her eyes settled on his lips and she imagined what would happened if he kissed her again? What would she do? She was supposed to be angry with him but the reason was beyond her grasp.

“Baby?”

The endearment caught her off guard, and her eyes drifted to his again. She fought to catch her breath as his gaze enveloped her. If she waited any longer, his scent would once again devour her. Was he waiting for, a response? What was she supposed to say? Did he ask a question? She couldn’t remember. All she wanted now was a kiss. Just one mind blowing, gut wrenching, searing kiss.

Burdened by Desire, Elemental Sisters II
By: J.L. Sheppard
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press

Now that you're hooked, be sure and follow the link above to download it. While you're at it, be sure and get the first book in the Elemental Sisters series, Demon King's Desire .


Thank you for sharing a glimpse of your new book. What for you is the best part of the writing process? 

Ideas are the source of the writing so naturally it's the best part. I get inspiration from dreams, quotes, a single line of a song, something someone said...anything really and it's hard to know when and why they come, they just do. There's nothing like getting that idea. It's revitalizing and gets me writing right away.

What is the worst?

The worst part of writing is sitting down to write and staring at a blank page for hours. After five hours in front of my laptop and realizing I've written a page or two, I can get quite discouraged. Who can blame me? I've learned the key is to remember that 'tomorrow is a new day.'  Tomorrow, or the day after, I could potentially sit down and write a dozen pages. I've gone days even weeks without so much as an idea then bam! It comes and I'll spend the next week writing day and night.

Is there a routine you stick to when writing, or do you just wing it?

I have no routine. I try to write every day. I never know how much I'll manage. I try not to expect too much that way I'm always pleasantly surprised.

Was there any particular inspiration for your characters or story?

The lead female character for Burdened by Desire, Jocelyn, was inspired by my little sister, Jackeline. She's not so little anymore at 22, but to me she'll always be my baby sister. She's fiesty, stubborn and doesn't let anyone or anything get her down.
The lead male character was completely made up.

Thank you for your time J.L. Before you go, tell me how our readers can get in touch with you.

Sure. Just follow the links.


Website  Facebook  Twitter  Pinterest  Tumblr GoodReads  Shelfari



3 comments:

  1. Thank you for being with us today J.L. I had the opportunity to read Burdened by Desire and I really enjoyed it. Can you tell me if book three is in the works?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Book three is in the works! It's completed and is with my editor. I'm waiting to hear back on it. I've also completed book four of the series, and I started a spin off series. You can find all the information on my site under the book tab, "Works in Progress."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your story sounds very interesting. Best wishes with your release!

    ReplyDelete