Friday, November 9, 2018

Thankful Author 2018- Anna Durand


Thank You, Readers!
This year more than ever, I'm thankful for the wonderful readers and fans who have made my books successful. Their kind words and support keep me going on those days when I wonder why I'm still writing because my current work-in-progress has me stumped. Fans have also taught things I never would've expected.

All of my books contain at least some humor, and the Hot Scots series probably has the most of it. Still, I hadn't thought of my books as romantic comedies. Then one day, a fan posted a review in which they called Wicked in a Kilt a great romantic comedy. What? My book? Publishers often have strangely restrictive ideas about what qualifies for each subgenre of romance, but I hadn't realized I got caught in that mentality. Other readers began to mention the strong humor elements in the book, and I began to rethink my view of Wicked. You'll now find it in the romantic comedy section of retail websites.

When I was finishing up the final edits on Gift-Wrapped in a Kilt, I entered that phase I like to call the Last-Minute Panic. I suffer from this a lot less than I used to, mostly thanks to all the fans who have told me how much they love the Hot Scots. Nevertheless, I got the panics with this book. The hero is American, after all, not Scottish. The hot Scot in this story is Jamie, the youngest sister of the MacTaggart brood. Did anyone want to read this kind of switcheroo?

I announced the upcoming release in my newsletter with a synopsis — and received emails from fans telling me they couldn't wait for this book. One fan told me I'm so very, very mean for making her wait until November to read the book! My worries about the American-Scot switch evaporated. And now that reviews are coming in, I'm thrilled with the reception from current fans and new ones.
This is why I always pay attention to what readers say. Maybe I don't always do what they suggest, but I always listen. I never know when a comment from a fan will spark a new idea or send me down a new road. Readers give me the courage to try new things, and I have no intention of stopping now. Book five, Notorious in a Kilt, marks another milestone for me. It will be my first novel written in dual first-person, with narration from both the hero and the heroine.

Thank you, readers! You've taught me lessons, inspired me, and made my writing journey possible.
Help me celebrate the release of Gift-Wrapped in a Kilt with an awesome giveaway! Visit the giveaway page:


 Cold days. Steamy nights. It must be the holidays in the Highlands.

When an American ex-Marine falls for a Scottish lass, the sparks are explosive. But Gavin Douglas botches his proposal, leaving Jamie MacTaggart hurt and angry. So she makes a different offer: sizzling sex with no strings and no intimacy. He'll do anything to get her back, even accept her crazy proposition, because he hasn't traveled halfway around the world to give up without a fight.Five years ago, Jamie gave up her family and her beloved homeland to satisfy a man, only to wind up humiliated and alone. She vowed never to repeat that mistake. When Gavin offers her a credit card instead of a ring, after eighteen months of intercontinental romance, she fears he's just like the man who hurt her before. After all, Gavin doesn’t get along with her brothers…From Halloween to Christmas, Gavin will do whatever it takes to win back Jamie — and somehow earn the approval of her overprotective brothers. Regaining Jamie's trust is hard, but winning over her stern brother Rory may prove the hardest task of all. As the two men engage in a battle of wills and muscles, Gavin must defeat his inner demons and Jamie's ex-fiancĂ© or risk losing everything

.Buy it now via Books2Read.com, a universal link for all major retailers and geographic regions. Gift-Wrapped in a Kilt is $0.99 until November 16. Grab it before the price goes up to $4.99.


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like great books, Anna. Can't wait to read them. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Readers are the best, Anna! Totally agree with you. Wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all need affirmation of our work. You are so fortunate to receive it from your readers. All the best.

    ReplyDelete