Sunday, November 5, 2017

Thankful Author 2017- Jana Richards


I’m Thankful

It’s that time of year again. Time to count my blessings.
First of all, I’m thankful to Angela Hayes for hosting this opportunity to think about all the things I should be deeply grateful for. Too often, I concentrate on the negative and forget about all the positives in my life. So thank you, Angela, for the reminder.

As always, I’m thankful for my family. I’m grateful for continued good health for them and for me. I’m thankful for thirty-nine years with the same wonderful man. I’m grateful my daughters are happy and pursuing careers they love. Not to sound ungrateful, but I would like to see marriage and children for them the future. I wouldn’t mind adding ‘Grandma’ to my resume one of these days.
I’m thankful my dog Lou has made it to the ripe old age of fifteen and is still in reasonably good health, though we’re convinced she’s got a touch of doggie Alzheimer’s.

I’m thankful to live in Canada, a country where I can feel free and safe, and can pursue any interest I choose. I’m thankful I had the opportunity this year to visit Cape Breton, Nova Scotia, a part of Canada I’ve never been to before. My hope is to see more of Canada in the future.

This year, I’m very thankful that my first series of self-published contemporary romances will soon be released. The writing was a total labor of love. I’m currently working on edits and cover art, so unfortunately, I don’t have a cover to show you, but hopefully that will happen soon. Watch for the Love at Solace Lake series in the near future!

I’m thankful I still derive joy and satisfaction from my writing, and that ideas for new books and series continue to fill my imagination, clamoring to be written. Creativity is something to be deeply thankful for.

Since today is my birthday, I’m thankful for another year. I’m happy for the life I’ve been given and the opportunities I’ve received. Happy Birthday to me! And Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends.


Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press, the Lobster Cove Series
Release Date: February 6, 2015

Blurb

Dr. Alex Campbell has an agenda—finish his contract to provide medical services in Maine, pay off his medical school debt, and head back to his real life in San Diego. But when he meets Julia, all his carefully laid plans are put in jeopardy.
Julia Stewart, Lobster Cove’s high school principal, swears she’ll never let another man drag her away from the home she loves. Her aging parents need her, and the Cove is where she wants to raise her daughter. When her mother’s illness brings her and the big city doctor closer together, panic sets in. Her marriage taught her men don’t stay.
Can she put aside the heartaches of the past and trust Alex enough to accept the love he’s offering? Or will her fear of abandonment mean she’ll send him away forever?

Excerpt

They drank their tea in silence, but the silence didn’t feel awkward. Julia felt soothed, the stress slowly leaving her body. Perhaps her grandmother had been onto something. The tea seemed to be working.
She finished the last of it and set down the cup. “I should be going. I left Ava with Tracy, and she’s probably hungry by now.”
Julia got to her feet and headed to the front door, with Alex following her. “Thanks for the tea, and for listening. I guess I needed both today.”
“Anytime. Seriously, Julia, anytime you need to talk, about anything, give me a call.”
She wondered if he was speaking as a doctor, as a friend, or as a man. Which one did she want him to be?
“Thank you.”
“I’ll try to keep an eye out for your folks, see if there’s anything I can do for them.”
She was touched by his offer. “I really appreciate that, but I know how busy you are.”
He waved away her concern. “It’s no big deal. I appreciate my grandmother’s neighbors checking in on her, and I’d be happy to do the same.”
He really did understand how she felt. “In that case, thank you.”
She opened the front door and stepped outside. Turning to Alex, she smiled. His thick hair had begun to dry, and the dark strands gleamed in the spring sunshine. Her breath caught in her throat at his beauty.
“Bye, Alex.”
“Bye. Take care.”
Julia hurried down the steps and across the lawn to her car. An appreciation for his looks was as far she could take any relationship with him. Her life was too complicated, too full already. And she would never get involved with a man who planned to leave Lobster Cove in only a few more months.

Buy Links





Bio:


When Jana Richards read her first romance novel, she immediately knew two things: she had to commit the stories running through her head to paper, and they had to end with a happily ever after. She also knew she’d found what she was meant to do. Since then she’s never met a romance genre she didn’t like. She writes contemporary romance, romantic suspense, and historical romance set in World War Two, in lengths ranging from short story to full length novel. Just for fun, she throws in generous helpings of humor, and the occasional dash of the paranormal. Her paranormal romantic suspense “Seeing Things” was a 2008 EPPIE finalist.
In her life away from writing, Jana is an accountant/admin assistant, a mother to two grown daughters, and a wife to her husband Warren. She enjoys golf, yoga, movies, concerts, travel and reading, not necessarily in that order. She and her husband live in Winnipeg, Canada with their Pug/Terrier cross Lou and several unnamed goldfish. She loves to hear from readers and can be reached through her website at www.janarichards.com

Social Media Links:

Website       Blog       Facebook     Twitter        Amazon AuthorPage  


7 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the excerpt from "One More Second Chance." Best of luck with your writing. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a great idea to keep thankfulness at the forefront of our thoughts. I like the premise and the cover of your Lobster Cove romance.best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, Jana! Good luck with your self-published series. That is quite an undertaking...one I am definitely not brave enough to do myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great time of year for a birthday!! Happy happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Jana! Wishing you all the best with your new venture into self-publishing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Jana! Enjoyed your post! Best of luck with your self-publishing endeavor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday, Jana! I loved your beautiful post and wish you all the best with both family and writing career!

    ReplyDelete