Saturday, November 4, 2017

Thankful Author 2017- Debra St.John




Today's Thankfulness Post Brought to You by
Debra St. John and the Letter F



I am thankful for so many things in my life. And I love this time of year when we set aside time to actually stop and reflect on the many blessings we've been given.

Faith: I am so thankful for a strong faith which allows me to thank God each and every day for the many, many blessing He's bestowed as I walk with Him.

Family: I grew up in a family of four. Just Mom, Dad, my sister, and me. When I got married to a wonderful man with two brothers and a sister who have now all had kids of their own, my family expanded to twenty-one. I am so thankful for a loving family and the time we spend together each year to celebrate birthdays, gather for holidays, vacation at the lake, or sometimes just hang out and be together. And as wonderful as that is, some of my absolute favorite times are when I'm with my marvelous hubby and it's just the two of us: best friends, soul mates, and life-long love.

Friends: I am thankful for friends who are like family and are there to laugh, cry, hug, or dance, depending on what the occasion requires.

Freedom: I am thankful to live in a country where freedom is a way of life. And I am so very grateful for the men and women who lay their lives on the line and dedicate themselves to keeping it that way. I am in awe of your bravery, honor, and sacrifice. A mere thank you is not enough, but I offer it.

Fiction: I am so very thankful for all of the authors out there who spin wonderful tales that I can lose myself in. I've experienced so many amazing things in the pages of books. I am ever so grateful to be able write romance, where every story I tell is filled with love and discovery and is guaranteed to have a happily ever after. I've been a reader my whole life; Books have always brought me great joy. And it's a wonderful blessing to now be a writer and bring a little bit of joy to the readers who read my stories. 

Fall: What's not to love about this season? It is chock full of every sensory pleasure imaginable: the vibrant colors of leaves that crunch beneath your feet after they fall to the ground, the gooey meltiness of s'mores around the campfire, Thanksgiving feasts and Halloween treats, and hugs from family and friends as we gather to celebrate.

And a final thank you goes out to Angela for organizing this wonderful event! I am thankful to be a part of it.


 An Unexpected Blessing:
Blurb

Single Mom Katy Roth thinks life can't get any worse. In the past six months she's been let go at work, had to move back home with her parents, and found out her ex is cutting his child support payment. As Thanksgiving approaches, she finds little to be thankful for in a life that is quickly spinning out of control.

Joe Mason is the town's bad boy. Literally. He's just returned from a four year stint in prison. He wants nothing more than to put the past behind him and get on with his life. He's had a secret crush on Katy since grade school, but when Katy's parents hire him to be their handyman, she's less than thrilled to have him around. 

But soon, through her young son's eyes, Katy discovers the good in Joe. As their feelings for one another deepen, small town gossip and prejudice threaten to ruin everything. Will Joe's past come between them, or will they be able to get beyond it and hold onto a love neither expected?

Author Note: 

I always feel bad for Thanksgiving. It tends to get overshadowed by the holidays surrounding it: Halloween and Christmas. It was great fun to write a Thanksgiving-themed story and help Katy and Joe not only discover a love for each other, but find ways to enumerate the many other blessings in their lives as well. An Unexpected Blessing is on sale for 99c during the first two weeks of November.

Buy Link: 

6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Angela for having me here today to be part of a month-long celebration of the things we're thankful for. I truly love this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what you said about Angela! I always look forward to these posts in November. It's a special part of my holiday. Beautiful post, Debra. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debra your Thanksgiving story sounds fantastic. Thanksgiving is a favorite holiday of our family though this year we are scattered far and wide...😕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlotte. It was really fun to write. I included a lot of my thoughts and feelings about Thanksgiving, and even included some favorite family recipes at the end.

      Delete
  4. What an absolutely lovely post! Our blessings are so many. Sometimes we just need a reminder to help us celebrate them.

    ReplyDelete