Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thankful Author - Nancy Radke



Writing this has made me stop and consider all the things I am thankful for.  I'll list a few here. 

I'm thankful for God's grace, and that He doesn't punish us according to what we deserve.

I'm thankful for this wonderful country, and for the founding fathers who put getting it right ahead of their own wants.

I'm thankful for freedom: to worship as I please, to speak as I please, to write what I please. I worry that our college students are trying to turn themselves into the Red Guard, and will be thankful when someone knocks some sense into them.

I'm thankful for the love of friends and family, so that I don't worry when the money goes out faster than it comes in.

I'm thankful for the birds and animals God has placed on this earth for us to enjoy and use.

I'm thankful in the early morning that the fire starts and warms the house, and lights turn on at the flick of a switch. As an old granny said, when asked what she thought was the best modern convenience, "I'm thankful for running water."

For eyes to see, ears to hear, legs to walk, arms to hold a child, and lips to kiss a loved one.

I've really enjoyed reading what other folks are thankful for. Mine is sort of a generic list. My books are always happy ever after, and so my characters are often thankful that they're still alive at the end. In my latest two, The Sunniest Gal from Tennessee, and Height of Danger, my heroines barely survive things like train wrecks, boa constrictors and kidnaping. They seem to thrive on danger and I love writing it, so I guess I won't stop putting my people in harm's way. 
Have a Happy Thanksgiving and mind you don't eat too much turkey.






My links:

email Nancy:  romauthorn@yahoo.com    
Tweet: @_nancyradke
Facebook: www.facebook.com/authornancyradke      
Pinterest: The Authors’ Billboard www.pinterest.com/authorsbillboar
Google+: www.plus.google.com/Nancyradkeauthorteacher

1 comment: