Thursday, August 27, 2015

Author Interview- Peggy Jaeger

Hey, hey, readers. Thursday is upon us and Friday is just around the corner.
To help celebrate, I've got my good friend Peggy Jaeger 
on the blog today and we're talking her upcoming release, 
First Impressions.


 Tell me three words that describe yourself starting with A, B, and C.

Assertive, Ballsy, Contemplative


What are your three favorite things?
Writing, Reading, Cooking

Are you self- published or with a publishing company (if so, which one?)?
Traditionally published – The Wild Rose Press

Was there any particular inspiration for your characters or story? 

Yes. I knew after I wrote There’s No Place Like Home, I wanted to explore Moira’s twin brother, Padric, further. He has a womanizing reputation in their hometown and I wanted to write a male character who is misunderstood –as Pat certainly is. Yes, he’s handsome and successful, and yes, he’s dated a lot of women. But as he asserts in First Impressions, he’s never had a torrid break up with a girl, never left a girl heart broken and hurting, never gotten a girl pregnant, and truthfully, never fallen in love. He admits he’s been in serious lust a few times, but never love. The reason he dates so many women is simple for him: he’s looking for The One. The old saying you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find your prince, holds for men, too, in Pat’s thinking. Many male characters, especially alpha males, are written without a great deal of emotional depth. I wanted the reader to know why Pat was the way he was, why he acted the way he did, and how he felt about falling in love for the first – and last – time.

 What is the ultimate goal you have for your career? 

Anyone who knows me knows the one part of being a writer I don’t really cherish is the endless marketing and self-promotion. My ultimate goal is to be able to have a full time public relations/publicity/social media maven employed just for me. That way I will never have to self promote unless I want to and can spend all the time I want on just writing.

Will there be more books in your series, or can you tell us about any previous books? 

There are two more planned – one is in final edits for me right now -and they are both pre-quals to Skater’s Waltz where we meet the original MacQuire Women – Carly, Tiffany’s mom, and her sister Serena, Moira and Pat’s mom. If I can come up with a good enough story line for myself, there will be a 6th and that will be Tiffany’s daughter Alaina’s story.  I actually wrote Carly and Serena’s stories first, then Skater’s Waltz, but the story published first was Skater.

When not writing, what can you be found doing? 

Cooking and painting, mostly. I’ve never met a recipe I was scared to try and I have over 100 cook books in my home. I love to craft paint and decoupage. I’m a very good copier –in a former life I might have been a forger – and I like finding paintings and replicating them on craft items likes boxes and frames.

 If you could spend the day with any celebrity, who would it be? 

Hands down, Nora Roberts. I want to follow her around and pick her brain about all aspects of writing and publishing. I want to know what her process is first hand and have some of her magnificent work ethic rub off on me.

Exciting things going on right now in my writer’s world

FIRST IMPRESSIONS releases on 9/23/15 


Blurb:

Family Practice Doctor Clarissa Rogers’ first impression of Padric Cleary is biased and based on gossip. The handsome, charming veterinarian is considered a serial dater and commitment-phobic by his family and most of the town. Relationship shy, Clarissa refuses to lose her heart to a man who can’t pledge himself to her forever.

Pat Cleary, despite his reputation, is actually looking for "The One." When he does give his heart away, he wants it to be for life. With his parent’s marriage as his guidebook, he wants a woman who will be his equal and soul mate in every way. 
 
Can Pat convince everyone – including Clarissa – she’s the only woman for him?


Excerpt:
             “Have you ever been friends with a girl before?”                
             “Have a beer and shoot some pool friends? Or the kind with benefits?”
             When she laughed out loud, he tried to think what was so funny.
             “Have you ever just been friends with a girl without sex mixed into the equation?”
             “Not since I was sixteen,” he admitted and felt his neck heat.
             “That’s what I thought.”
             “Why?”
             She cocked her head. “It’s no secret I’m attracted to you. I think the way I just responded to you proves it. But I don’t jump into bed with a man just because I’m attracted to him.”
            “So, what’s being friends got to do with anything?”
            Clarissa sighed and leaned a hip against the doorjamb.
“I’ve been hearing about your reputation with women since I moved here, and I’m not looking to be the flavor of the week, Pat.”
            He stared at her for a second as hurt washed through him. “You don’t sugar coat things do you?”
            She reached out and gripped his forearm. Her hand felt so good against his skin, he instinctively laid his own over it. He swore he saw a flash of lightning spark from underneath his fingers.
            “I don’t mean to insult you, but I’m trying to build a professional reputation in this town and I don’t want to do anything to give gossip mongers any fuel.”
            “And dating me would?”
            “Dating anyone would. This is a small town and everyone knows one another. But like I said, you have this rep where women are concerned.”
            “I’m not going to apologize for liking women, Clarissa. I’m a guy.”
            “That, you are.” Her lips split into a huge smile.


Here’s the buy link:


And



I’m part of the Snarkology Book Boyfriends Scavengar hunt from 8/22-8/31




My debut Novel SKATER’S WALTZ is on sale for 99 cents/e –book from 8/21/-9/3 
here’s the link to get your e-copy now!



 Peggy Bio:

Peggy Jaeger is a contemporary romance author who writes about strong women, the families who support them, and the men who can't live without them. 

Her current titles, available now, include SKATER'S WALTZ and THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME, books 1 and 2 in her 6-book The MacQuire Women Series, published by The Wild Rose Press.

Tying into her love of families, her children's book, THE KINDNESS TALES, was illustrated by her artist mother-in-law.

Peggy holds a master's degree in Nursing Administration and first found publication with several articles she authored on Alzheimer's Disease during her time running an Alzheimer's in-patient care unit during the 1990s. 

In 2013, she placed first in two categories in the Dixie Kane Memorial Contest: Single Title Contemporary Romance and Short/Long Contemporary Romance.

A lifelong and avid romance reader and writer, she is a member of RWA and her local New Hampshire RWA Chapter.







8 comments:

  1. Angela - as always, thanks for being such a supportive WRP sistah and writing buddy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Peggy, you're always so sweet. Us roses have to stick together. There are so many romances to write/read and so little time. Best wishes on all your books. I'm starting Skater's Waltz this weekend. Can't wait.

      Delete
  2. Excellent interview! Enjoyed Skater's Waltz and look forward to reading First Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that you added that depth to Pat. Nice interview and excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debra - hopefully readers will respond to it and by respond I mean BUY!

      Delete
  4. Really like the sound of this book, Peggy. He sounds like a stand up kind of guy, being careful and looking for The One! Best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara - if Pat translates well to readers I will be very happy.

      Delete