Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thankful Author- Mickey J. Corrigan



Novembr 29, 2014
THANKFUL AUTHOR BLOG ROUNDUP
Featuring Mickey J. Corrigan


My Thanks:

Wow, where to begin? There's so much to be grateful for this year. There are all the usual things I too often take for granted: good health, loving family, wonderful home and rewarding work. Terrific friends. A safe place to live and no war, hunger, or violence in my personal life. How lucky I am to be able to sit here and say that. I should never take any of this for granted. Ever!

Then there are the special things I am grateful for this year. My wonderful publishers. My amazing editors. My fellow authors who are so supportive and enthusiastic. Writing is an isolated act. It can be tough to make yourself stay on track. Writing is hard, but selling books is even more difficult. We need each other to make this happen. To provide moral support and marketing assistance. We get one another because we are all struggling with the same issues. Reaching our readers. Making that happen while we still find the time to write.

I am so grateful for all the help I get from my fellow writers. People like Angela. Book reviewers and bloggers. I am also thankful for my writing group, Ink Well. My writer friends, who give me honest feedback. My early readers, including my husband and son, who laugh at my jokes and tell me my stories are worth reading.

And I'm thankful to people like you. Readers, writers, and supporters of the literary arts. You are the best. Thank you. And have a wonderful holiday!



                               

Bio:

Mickey J. Corrigan lives and writes and gets into trouble in South Florida. She publishes with pulpy presses with names like Breathless, Champagne and Bottom Drawer. Recent books include the edgy novellas in the Hard Stuff series from The Wild Rose Press (Whiskey Sour Noir, Vodka Warrior, Tequila Dirty and the free read Mai Tai Guy); and the thriller Sugar Babies. Her short fiction has appeared or is forthcoming in Akashic Books, ELJ Publications, Big Pulp, Flash Fiction UK, Deep Water Literary, Every Day Fiction, Red Fez, and elsewhere. Salt Publishing will release the dark New Adult novella Songs of the Maniacs any day now.

Links:



BLURB:

A coming of age story, Red Hot Blues looks at growing up in the fast lane.

By the time she's sixteen, Telluride Marshall is tired of running away from bad men with her sex kitten mother. On the road from Maine to Florida, Tellie tries to talk sense to Kittie about the stolen Porsche and the thousands of dollars taken from her abusive ex. Mother and daughter are destined to clash—and to share some wild ride adventure.

Release Date: December 17, 2014
Genre: mainstream fiction, women's lit, YA
Length: Novella
Heat rating: mild
ISBN: 978-1-62830-652-1
Price: $1.99

No comments:

Post a Comment